Monday, June 15, 2009

Today Madie got a job. 
 
I was really excited for her. Usually all she (and I do too but... whatever!) just sleeps until noon and then sits around doing NOTHING. Now she got a job... good?
 
Once she got home I had to keep quiet while she talked to mom and dad about how much "hard work it is to do dishes and show the old farts around! There's this chef named Dubbie-" yeah... I zoned out at Dubbie. 
 
I know it can be hard running around constantly but she acted as if it was the end of the world to do dishes. Yeah, I know that's hard... but not as hard as she made it sound.

Anyway so this conversation went on for another hour. Me, sitting in the corner of the couch trying to keep my mouth shut while Madie blabs on and on about all the people there and crap like that.

She works at the Villa Maria about a mile from here. I could have biked there in 10 minutes if I wanted to!

It's her first job. Being 14 and all you don't get a lot of choices I guess.

Finally everything is quiet now. I really wanted to watch a movie but I know that Madie won't want to watch it. I was hoping she'd work late enough for her to miss it... but NOOOO!!!

I can't wait until tomorrow. Madie's going to be working from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 for lunch at the Villa and then she goes back at 4:00 p.m. or something for dinner. I'll be alone.

I think I'll get up early and walk Max. Then maybe make a cake. 
 
I can't wait until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment