I try hard to keep the friends that I have... it never seems to work. At the sleepover Sunday Morgan asked us all a question, but only for Bee to answer. "We all are in a burning building. There's one exit and only two people are going to make it out alive. You're one of those people, which one of us (Rachel, Emma, or Me) do you take with you?" We all agreed that this was an unfair question, but Bee answered eventually, "Well, first I would take Rachel, then come back for you, Morgan. Then I'd come back a third time for Emma." Morgan didn't except this. "You can only take ONE PERSON!" But we all already knew that if Bee was to take one person only, she'd take Rachel.
I didn't like this. This hurt me. Bee chose to take me last. By the time Bee came back for me I would only be ashes left in the burned building. I felt left out right away.
The entire night, after and before that, I'd been left out. They'd teased me by saying, "ha ha! But not Emma!" at jokes about who was coming to the party. I hoped that they were joking, but when I was out of the trailer to get something and they were alone, I couldn't help but think that they were talking about me. And I'm pretty sure they were.
At school, in tennis, even at my own sleepover! They always leave me out. No matter what I do or say they always find a way to make me feel insecure about myself. But without them I'd have no one to hang out with, no one to talk to at school, no one to sit by. They know my secrets, I know their secrets. We're friends... but in a general way.
No comments:
Post a Comment