Today was my grandma (Besta's) 80th birthday. Everything was going fine, the dinner was good, no one was yelling yet, it was all good. So, after dinner my dad got out the cake, lit the candles and started singing, when a kodak moment is born. My dad, in mid "Happy Birthday" drops the cake. It was hilarious. Cake was all over the floor, on the cookbooks, everywhere. My first thought was, "Oh my god. There were LIT CANDLES on that cake!!" so I walk over, see that there isn't a fire, and burst out laughing! My mom leaves the room right away to go 'blow off some steam' out side. (I swear I could hear a faint F word from the mudroom.)
So I just thought I'd share that with you. My mom was pretty mad though. She hasn't spoken to dad ever since. I don't exactly get that though because it was an accident and Besta hardly looked upset. Ha ha!! As I told you, something always goes wrong... but this is a good kinda of wrong.
I'm so recording birthdays from now on.
No comments:
Post a Comment