I'm so used to always being after something, something I know I can't have. What ever happened to being happy for what you have and not over doing it? Why isn't life easier, for all of us? It's a challenge alright. I've never been on vacation. I always had to be doing something, getting something done, or thinking about some stressful subject I know will never be concluded.
But I'm not like this when I'm with you. I'm calm, I could stand with you for hours and never think of anything but you. The feeling never gets old. I never wish I was alone when I could be with you. It's new, it's safe. It's the only time I know nothing can go wrong, yet so afraid it will. But nothing lasts forever, and soon we're pulled away, to go back to our lives for another month. The longest days are the ones you're not in.
I love you.
The reason we always want what we can't have is because humans are programmed that way, Emma. Why would you want what you have? It just wouldn't make sense... You just have to learn to be happy... Like in that Sheryl Crow song- It's not having what you want/It's wanting what you've got.
ReplyDeleteNice one by the way. =)