Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ok dude. You don't get to ignore me. I have made it pretty obvious over the past few days that I think you're funny, and interesting, and hey, maybe if you weren't a stupid boy you would put two and two together and figure out that I like you. Yeah, I said it. I LIKE YOU. I've always liked you. I've known you since birth, how could I not? And when I text you, you need to respond because it's been a long time and I miss you. You're not just someone I like, you're one of my best friends. And friends talk to each other and reply. We used to talk. And I was worried that I was annoying you by texting you so I didn't for three weeks and you never once started a conversation. Yes, I was hurt. I was sure that you didn't like me, but I got over it and said hey, maybe we can just be friends. I knew that I still liked you, but I didn't want you to know and to freak you out. Three weeks. I didn't text you, or talk to you hardly at all. Then, for some stupid reason, I flipped out and said something. Just a simple "hey." nothing annoying. Hell, after three weeks nothings annoying. But then, nothing. And I know you saw it, because you always check your phone, and you don't go to bed until 10:30. Way earlier than I do. And it's not weird that I know this because we're friends. Or at least that's what I thought we were, but maybe you never even thought of me as that. What am I to you anyway? We have a history. We have inside jokes. I know your story and you know mine. You can't take our relationship and just ignore it.
No one ignores me. You don't have to like me, or know me, but you cannot disregard my efforts to be nice to you.
I thought that MAYBE the smiles in the hallway and bus conversations meant something to you like they did to me, but I guess not.
I have spent so long telling myself that you just HAD to like me. I thought I had seen all the signs. I took those stupid quizzes in girly magazines, I made you laugh, and we had real conversations. You complimented my shoes yesterday, and you teased me on the bus. It's been years of this, and you have never done ANYTHING.
And I can get over your not liking me. But the fact that you can't even act like a friend is what really makes it hurt.
I turned down two guys that asked me out in the three weeks that we didn't talk because I was waiting for you. One of the guys was sort of terrifying, I'll admit. But the other I knew would be kind to me. I could've really learned to like him too, but I couldn't do that to him. Say yes when he wasn't the one on my mind. But he should've been the one I was thinking of, because he was someone that liked me in return. And now I wonder if it's worth waiting for you after all.
Am I just wasting my time?

No comments:

Post a Comment