Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's amazing how a name can change a life.

Of corse... only his name can. I said his name yesterday, over and over and over again. I fell a little bit more in love with him.

I was doubting how much I love him. I felt like if it's not going anywhere, why waist your time waiting? But I can't stop. I'm addicted. He is what gets me through the day. He's always there, even if I make half of him up. He's not Prince Charming, but I've never liked that kind of guy anyway. He's nice, and he cares about me. I think.

It's weird, he's like my brother. I'd be hurt if he ever was in pain, I'd help him if he needed help. I'm even happy for him when he has a good girlfriend. He isn't mean to me and he respects me. He's not a genius, and he knows it. He doesn't pretend to be anything he's not. He's completely solid. His life isn't easy to do good in, with a all around "bad kid" brother, a mom who's not very responsible, and an adopted little sister. But he gets along without complaining. I hope he knows I'll always be there for him.

His name flows off my tongue without an effort. Sometimes it's hard to stop saying it. It's that melt-in-your-mouth kind of name, it doesn't take long for you to fall in love with it. I can never get enough. I try to disguise it in everyday conversations, which is easy, his family is a very hot topic in our house.

I stood at the bus stop today, even though it's Saturday. Too many memories took place there, I had to stop and meet them again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in shock...
    It's amazing how poetically you can capture exactly what you're feeling... This is amazing. Not even amazing, Emma. I need a better, more dramatic word, like "magnificent."

    You have no idea how jealous I am right now. And I honestly, truly mean it.

    ReplyDelete