Tuesday, October 19, 2010

<-- My tree, in the cemetery, has lost all of it's leaves. I found this tree last year and have been coming back to it for awhile. It's my favorite place. Recently I've been taking pictures, like this one, there. It's breath taking.
~Since it is fall here in Minnesota, all the leaves have fallen very quickly. I went back to the tree three days ago and it was completely bare. It depressed me. Although it is in a graveyard, It seemed so full of life. Everything seemed happy and beautiful. I was never scared there. When I went the sky was grey, the tree was bare, and the wind was blowing. I started to notice little sounds in the woods around me.
~I've never watched something go from being happy and bright to being sad and dark in just a week. I suddenly felt confused and worried about everything. I noticed the swaying of the empty branches and the graves around me. I knelt down to touch the ground and noticed it was freezing cold. I've never felt so alone before.
~I began to notice how I must look to passing cars. A girl alone, in the cold, kneeling on the ground in a graveyard. I started my way back home. Everything moved. Nothing stayed still around me and as I walked I felt the sudden urge to run down the street and wrap my scarf more tightly around me. I wanted to feel safe again. My 'happy place' had turned into a cold, dead place. I ran fast and began to feel dizzy. I stopped in the middle of the road and sat down.

I realized dinner would be ready soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is by far one of my favorites.
    You'll never be alone Chuck, I'll always be here.
    Whenever.
    <3 Em.

    ReplyDelete